Readers rejoice! The TBR Pile Challenge has returned! Hosted by Roof Beam Reader, this challenge is an opportunity to finally read those books that have been collecting dust for years. Plus you get to socialize with fellow readers and win some fabulous prizes!
The rules are quite simple: Select 12 books that have been sitting on your shelves for at least one year. You must sign up with your list by January 15, 2019 in order to officially take part in the challenge. Also, don’t worry in case you struggle with finishing one or two of the books on your list as you are allowed to select two alternate books. This will be my second year participating in the challenge, and I’m determined to complete it!
Without further ado, here is my list:
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (2000)
- The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber (2014)
- Teach Us to Outgrow Our Madness by Kenzaburō Ōe (1969)
- The Last Man by Mary Shelley (1826)
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace (1996)
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (2003)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (1870)
- Widdershins by Charles de Lint (2006)
- number9dream by David Mitchell (2001)
- Collected Stories of Gabriel García Márquez (1984)
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald (1920)
- Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link (2001)
- Endless Night by Agatha Christie (1967)
- Frog by Mo Yan (2009)
Like last year, I tried to select a good balance of books spanning different genres. Each book is one I’ve been dying to read so hopefully this list will keep me focused. Maybe I will actually put a dent in my library. Good luck to everyone signing up for the challenge! Expect my results for the 2018 challenges over the weekend.
Have you read any of these books? Are you signing up for any challenges? Let me know with a comment below!