This year isn’t even over, and I’m already planning ahead for challenges for next year! After a two-year hiatus (while he worked on his doctoral dissertation), Adam over at RoofBeamReader.com is resurrecting his TBR Pile Challenge.
The rules are quite simple: Select 12 books that have been sitting on your shelves for at least one year. These books have to be listed by January 15, 2018 in order to officially take part in the challenge. Also, don’t worry in case you struggle with finishing one or two of the books on your list as you are allowed to select two alternate books. This challenge is going to be so much fun! Not only do you get to knock a dozen books off your TBR list, but Adam also offers prizes as well! Just remember to go to the website above and sign up!
Updated 12/31/18: I finished a total of 10 books including my alternates. Click on the title to connect to my review!
My 2018 TBR Pile Challenge List:
- If on a winter’s night a traveler by Italo Calvino
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Carrie by Stephen King
- The Trial by Franz Kafka
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
I tried to find a good mix of titles for this challenge. It’s feeling pretty balanced. I’m all kinds of excited to participate in this challenge! You should join too and spread the word. You might even win a prize! CLICK HERE to join. Also, congratulations Adam for finishing your doctorate! Here’s to many more challenges for 2018!